Текущее время: 28 мар 2024 12:59

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: a few comments
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 авг 2010 13:48 

Hi,

I came across your product while looking for a new AV solution and I would like to leave a few comments. My first impression is very good, especially the interface: it looks great, is pretty straight forward and not overloaded. I don't need some sort of bloatware, I need an AV that just works, and Nano AV is a pretty good approach to that.

Last Friday I did a quick test with 10 new samples from malwaredomainlist. Nod32 found 7/10, avast 6/10, nanoAV 3/10.
Today I checked the same samples again: Nod32 10/10, avast 9/10, nanoAV 7/10.
Although not being great, I think this result is quite impressive for a beta product.

But the one thing that definitely has to improve is the usage of system resources. 100 MB of memory is far too high, especially when you would like to use it on a low end system (netbook). NanoAV also significantly slows down the boot process: Without any antivirus, my Windows 7 single core with 2 GB RAM boots up in 47 seconds, with NanoAV installed 1:27 min (= almost double, that's too much). With avast installed it takes 1:08 min, that's ok.

One more thing: I would like to always have the newest definitions, so is it possible that NanoAV automatically checks for updates at startup or as soon as an internet connection is available, wihout waiting until the scheduled interval is reached?

And please do not overload your product with features (as I said, there is enough bloatware on the market already). Some kind of web shield would be nice, but I don't need a firewall. I also don't need a mail scanner, but if you are planning to implement one, it would be great if it worked with TLS/SSL connections (otherwise a mail scanner would be useless in my opinion).

For now I'm running NanoAV on a virtual machine for testing purposes. If detection rate and resource usage improve, I'm pretty sure that NanoAV is going to be real competitive. So keep up the good work :)

Best regards,
Kevin

Заголовок сообщения: Re: a few comments
СообщениеДобавлено: 13 авг 2010 10:18 
NanoAV Team

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the testing of NANO AntiVirus and your helpful suggestions.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: a few comments
СообщениеДобавлено: 19 дек 2011 22:05 

Награды:

Наш бета-тестер
Kevin писал(а):
Hi,

I came across your product while looking for a new AV solution and I would like to leave a few comments. My first impression is very good, especially the interface: it looks great, is pretty straight forward and not overloaded. I don't need some sort of bloatware, I need an AV that just works, and Nano AV is a pretty good approach to that.

Last Friday I did a quick test with 10 new samples from malwaredomainlist. Nod32 found 7/10, avast 6/10, nanoAV 3/10.
Today I checked the same samples again: Nod32 10/10, avast 9/10, nanoAV 7/10.
Although not being great, I think this result is quite impressive for a beta product.

But the one thing that definitely has to improve is the usage of system resources. 100 MB of memory is far too high, especially when you would like to use it on a low end system (netbook). NanoAV also significantly slows down the boot process: Without any antivirus, my Windows 7 single core with 2 GB RAM boots up in 47 seconds, with NanoAV installed 1:27 min (= almost double, that's too much). With avast installed it takes 1:08 min, that's ok.

One more thing: I would like to always have the newest definitions, so is it possible that NanoAV automatically checks for updates at startup or as soon as an internet connection is available, wihout waiting until the scheduled interval is reached?

And please do not overload your product with features (as I said, there is enough bloatware on the market already). Some kind of web shield would be nice, but I don't need a firewall. I also don't need a mail scanner, but if you are planning to implement one, it would be great if it worked with TLS/SSL connections (otherwise a mail scanner would be useless in my opinion).

For now I'm running NanoAV on a virtual machine for testing purposes. If detection rate and resource usage improve, I'm pretty sure that NanoAV is going to be real competitive. So keep up the good work :)

Best regards,
Kevin

1. Its Memory usage is also high on my PC.
2. I also notice a slowdown when booting my PC that's running Windows 7 and the new beta of NANO AntiVirus.
3. I also agree with your statement of it not being overloaded with features.

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа