Текущее время: 27 апр 2024 18:15

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Few possibly helpful suggestions
СообщениеДобавлено: 21 июл 2010 14:17 

Hi,

I am an author of a tech blog and as tech enthusiast always do, i have been interested in NANO Antivirus's beta development for quite a while. I tested a couple versions of your beta releases (will soon be testing the latest version) and read as much online articles and review i could regarding the software, and i have a few suggestions which might be helpful:

1. Installation and use of the antivirus shows that the antivirus has not been that kind on PC resources. I tested NANO Antivirus on a virtual machine with Windows XP SP3 installed and with 1GB virtual RAM allocated and although it improved with certain releases, i still consider it quite slow even for a beta product. My suggestion is, can the development team consider spreading the original processes into several more processes? Many other antivirus vendors out there did the same thing (F-Secure & G Data to name a few) and had achieved greater stability and responsiveness overall.

2. I don't think NANO Antivirus have attracted a lot of awareness because very few seems to know about this antivirus (even among tech enthusiasts) and online resources regarding the antivirus are hard to find. Worst of all, the name itself does not help either. Although i know NANO Antivirus is not a rogue, problem is other people will have the perception that NANO is. Shouldn't the team publicize itself more in tech blogs and download site? At the very least, shouldn't the team re-modify its name to avoid being associated with the rogue Nano av? I wouldn't mind helping in the renaming process!

3. I believe this antivirus has potential but needs more beta testers to speed up development. There are a lot of testers out there that have the ability to help out. Does the team consider finding more beta testers?

4. Will the team mind me covering the latest NANO Antivirus v0.1 Beta at the tech blog i am currently writing for? That will help the team gain more exposure.

That's all for my general feedback for the moment. Awaiting reply and best of luck in the development!!

Warm regards,

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Few possibly helpful suggestions
СообщениеДобавлено: 27 июл 2010 12:28 
NanoAV Team

Hi, BananaBlitz.

Thank you for your attention to our product.
BananaBlitz писал(а):
1. Installation and use of the antivirus shows that the antivirus has not been that kind on PC resources. I tested NANO Antivirus on a virtual machine with Windows XP SP3 installed and with 1GB virtual RAM allocated and although it improved with certain releases, i still consider it quite slow even for a beta product. My suggestion is, can the development team consider spreading the original processes into several more processes? Many other antivirus vendors out there did the same thing (F-Secure & G Data to name a few) and had achieved greater stability and responsiveness overall.
No, we don't plan to spread processes into several processes. But we keep working to improve efficiency of NANO AntiVirus.

BananaBlitz писал(а):
2. I don't think NANO Antivirus have attracted a lot of awareness because very few seems to know about this antivirus (even among tech enthusiasts) and online resources regarding the antivirus are hard to find. Worst of all, the name itself does not help either. Although i know NANO Antivirus is not a rogue, problem is other people will have the perception that NANO is. Shouldn't the team publicize itself more in tech blogs and download site? At the very least, shouldn't the team re-modify its name to avoid being associated with the rogue Nano av? I wouldn't mind helping in the renaming process!
Really, this upsetting name coincidence causes many problem for us. Anyway we can't rename our product as it is officially registered trade mark, moreover we have registered this name before the rogue Nano antivirus started to spread. So we have to make our product more popular. Also we contact many authoritative organisations to promote our product and to deserve confidence. So we hope this problem will untangle.

BananaBlitz писал(а):
3. I believe this antivirus has potential but needs more beta testers to speed up development. There are a lot of testers out there that have the ability to help out. Does the team consider finding more beta testers?
We don't plan to get external beta testers in this stage. Therewith there are many our users who help us to make our product better.

BananaBlitz писал(а):
4. Will the team mind me covering the latest NANO Antivirus v0.1 Beta at the tech blog i am currently writing for? That will help the team gain more exposure.
Any reviews is useful for us. Your help will be appreciated, but we would like to become acquainted with your blog before.

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 июл 2010 12:29 

Цитата:
No, we don't plan to spread processes into several processes. But we keep working to improve efficiency of NANO AntiVirus.

If you won't mind, will you share with us what's the change & improvement we can expect for the next few releases?

Цитата:
we would like to become acquainted with your blog before.

I am a part-time writer at computelogy.com. We write about free software, shareware promotion and technology news & updates, mostly of our own research, find & opinion. Since NANO Antivirus is a freeware, it suits the writing policy of the tech blog nicely. If there's any other thing you need to know, you can always contact Perti, the owner of the blog directly, or you can communicate with him through me.

I've also read comments of previous posts and would like to clarify one thing: when the team says that they will implement Firewalls and Cloud-based protection, does the team means a standalone product or a integration into the existing NANO Antivirus, making it as something like NANO Internet Security or similar?

СообщениеДобавлено: 12 авг 2010 22:21 
NanoAV Team

Hi,
Sorry for the delay with the reply.
BananaBlitz писал(а):
If you won't mind, will you share with us what's the change & improvement we can expect for the next few releases?
We plan to develop a plugin for Outlook and make much enhancement.
BananaBlitz писал(а):
I've also read comments of previous posts and would like to clarify one thing: when the team says that they will implement Firewalls and Cloud-based protection, does the team means a standalone product or a integration into the existing NANO Antivirus, making it as something like NANO Internet Security or similar?

We plan to start with integrated web scanner and then release separate versions. As for the cloud technologies, we don't plan to realise theirs in the nearest future.

We will be glad to see the review in your blog.

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 авг 2010 12:24 

I am preparing a review for it, which i hope will be posted within these few days. Stay tuned, & all the best for the development team!

P.S: I must apologize prior to my review being published if i happen to make any negative opinions of mine about the product clear in my review; as an author, i had to be honest with my readers.

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа